After missing out on several presses on Ebay, I ordered a refurbished Adana 8x5 last Sept from someone in the UK. Then the shenanigans began. I was supposed to get the press within a month and this did not happen, a catalogue of excuses ensued and promises of the press being sent etc etc. After an ultimatum at my end the press started to make its way from the UK to Australia.
A week of obsessive FedEx tracking later, it arrived on my doorstep! I rushed home last night from work, excited to see the press that I have been patiently waiting for. I moved it to its new home and was a little concerned that the box seemed a little worse for wear. I opened it and removed the poorly wrapped press to find that it had been badly damaged and it doesn't function as it should. In fact it does not function at all.
This is what my press should look like, the one shown below is a presses one of my fave letterpress bloggers, Small Caps .
The photo above shows the rod which attaches to the rollers has also been bent. A little easier to fix.
So for now I have to wait to see what FedEx will do regarding the damage, and hope that I can replace the damaged parts.